Sunday, April 17, 2005

Birthday antics.

My birthday was Friday. Chantal bought me a gorgeous strawberry cake with a firecracker on top, which set off our fire alarm. Got a stunning bunch of flowers from Liberty from Julian. Got some lovely gloves from my mum - will have to make her a UK seasons calendar. Got $50 and a sweet card from grandma, and Lucie is buying me some sheet music when I get home.

Example

Matt, Kaz, Micah, Helen (and Klaus and Bob), Tim Gutt and friend Arik, Julian, Alissa and Ben, and Elissa and Garreth, came to my party at Freuds. Very cheap cocktails soaked up by yummy Indian food at Neal Street. It was a lovely evening, a really nice mix of people. I felt very happy to see everyone getting along so nicely.

Got some lovely lemon silk panties and camisole with pink peacock feathers on from Julian.
Went to Borders yesterday and got a Gore Vidal book on Timothy McVeigh (luckily I am don't have any loyalty cards or my phone would likely now be tapped), No War, by Naomi Kelin (one of my favourites), and a book on running a small business. Hmmm, how to combine all my influences?? I also bought Manhattan to lighten my mental load. On second thoughts does listening to a whiny Jewish small man who is terrified of death really bring light to my life?

I feel every bit 30. I feel great, but my skin is changing rapidly. I know what I want and I know how to get it. I know I keep saying this, but I definitely need to practice horn more. I am sitting in with the LSO next week, which I KNOW is going to be one of the highlights of my whole life.

I wish Julian would blog more. I think he is going to lose a lot of info and just remember our lives here through my memories, which can be a lot more about me than about us...

No comments: