Monday, April 25, 2005

London Symphony Orchestra

My god, what an amazing day. Actually amazing isn't the right word. It wasn't the kind of day that left me slack jawed with awe, but parts of the day gave me goosebumps. So I guess the right word would be "sublime", which these days has been stripped of all meaning. Anyway.

I was page turner for the LSO yesterday. It's not something everyone can say they have done. And the best part was I didn't have to turn pages, just "observe" the horn players' preparation. They played "L'Après-midi d'un faune"
which you can listen to if you click the title. Lovely. It is one of my favourite pieces.

Am now on Trip Advisor, which I would highly reccomend if anyone is thinking of a weekend away. I am researching most common complaints about accommodation, but also looking for somewhere to stay this weekend (Bank Holiday). We are going to visit Lucie's Farm. They "make" Kobe beef there. We've heard that the cows love being massaged so much that they run to people for cuddles at first sight! Gorgeous (and yummy I bet - not that I'll ever know!)

Tripadvisor is great - real people dishing the dirt on horrendous accommodation. You can always tell when a hotelier is masquerading as a customer to write glowing reviews. Very funny. It is really essential reading - I hate finding out about shitty plumbing the hard way.

No comments: