Wednesday, April 20, 2005

My analyst

I have booked in an appointment with a counsellor who has been reccomended by a friend. I have just watched Manhattan and I think I just like the idea of saying I have an appointment with my analyst.

I think I'd just like to do some spring cleaning. I want to make some money over the next few years doing something I am passionate about but I don't think "doing nothing" is a strong basis for a business. I keep thinking that maybe I'll wake up one morning looking like Demi Moore in Ghost and have a bash at pottery, but then I remember trying to knit, and the amount of uni fees I have spent on art courses etc. Basically I like sitting on my arse and READING about doing things. Maybe my analyst can help me sort it out.

I am reading a book about small business and it is very informative. I know that sounds obvious seeing as books often are, but it has already pointed out some things that I haven't really considered until now. The isolation aspect is a big one.

I think something I MIGHT like to do is represent some people who are passionate. I don't doubt that they would be just as difficult and precious as photographers, but at least you would be able to give their tantrums some credit and weight. The whole champagne on a beer budget doesn't really apply to these kinds of creatives. Every photographer wants to shoot for Self Service when their last piece of published work is Elle magazine. Drives me nuts. I know Naomi Klein has an agent, but just what do they do? Unfortunately I am a bit too lateral and capitalist and I would have her endorsing something within 6 months.

No comments: