Sunday, September 11, 2005

The blob is a blob no longer



This is our latest scan.
As a friend of Julian's had told us it would, it finally looks like a real baby. Betty-Jean/Ossie is a little on the small side - it's not the end of the world, but I am having another scan this week to make sure it is all ok. The head was normal size, and it was tall for its age, but the belly was small - midwife said it may be due to just poor visibility on the scan. I personally know the little one has been growing. Its kicks are much more athletic (don't know where he/she gets that from!), and I am getting significantly bigger - three people have offered me their seat on the tube!

Work is getting easier for Julian (he's hit the 8 month mark and everyone we know says this is about the time things start "feeling" easier). But I am doing the job of 2 people so my boss can buy a house in Cornwall. We are moving house soon - we have found somewhere gorgeous in Queen's Park - nicknamed "nappy valley". Funny how that would have completely put me off an area 6 months ago! Now we are looking at parks, the quality of cafe's so I can meet other mums, availability of baby yoga. Good God.

Mum and Dad have gone to Singapore. It's not that long til I will see them again. They went to Paris for a week and started me and Julian fantasising again about living there. But as I know too well, holidays are NOT the same as living somewhere so I think it would be wise to get London sorted out before moving on - anywhere for that matter. We need to learn how to nest. I am not sure why. It might be that pregnancy thing. I think for people like my friend Nat, moving around is amazing - he really makes the most of not having roots. He earns good money, travels the world, is able to drop out of society when he likes. But this half arsed not-settling-but-not-adventuring thing is starting to wear thin I think on me and Julian. It's hard to break old habits though - having to decide on which teatowels to buy at Habitat brings us both out in a cold sweat. We'll have to ease into homemaking I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bec! betty jean/ossie looks gorgeous! i can't believe you and julian are having a baby. oh my goodness. u look radiant as always xxxxxx kisses vange xxxxxx