Tuesday, November 15, 2005

They don't call it labour for nothing!

We went to our childbirth course last weekend at the Active Birth Centre. It was all about active management of labour and pain management. Epidural is for pussies - this was the theme for the day.

They showed us a video of a birth and I could hear about 5 girls weeping. It was all a bit much. I even saw a couple fighting afterwards. I think the conversation would have been along the lines of "you bastard - I can't believe you've done this to me!!!"

So I have been asking near strangers to send me photos on email of newborns and other babies. Just something to remind me that there is a little reward at the end of it all.

I have started to nest aggressively. More like a hawk than a bluebird. Julian is the rabbit.

No comments: