Thursday, July 21, 2005

Highs and lows

Not much info so far, but 3 tube lines are closed and one bus lost its windows. No-one hurt, so the whole thing is starting to sound kind of gratuitous and bizarre. Needless to say, we are ok. Bit sick of this though.

On my way to work this morning, I was carrying my new horn - the case is very obviously a horn case. I was walking along minding my own business when I heard whistling coming from the direction of an Energy Company cherry picker. I knew the tune but couldn't place it. In a split second I recognised it, and almost started laughing - I was smiling so hard my smile almost turned into a laugh! I looked up and there was a black electrician in the cherry picker and he was whistling one of Mozart's horn concertos. Then he went on to whistle other movements. I couldn't help laughing out loud.

I called Lucie and she got such a giggle out of it. Then I called Julian and he said that Lucie and I were such nerds that he didn't know if he could be associated with us any more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your both too cute!