Sunday, March 06, 2005

Documenting

Documenting

We're not always going to have something fascinating to say about London, but it's important to document it all the same. The weather is not summery by any means, but we can wear a light jacket instead of layers. We're thinking we may go to Greece in late August as we hear the weather in early August is unbearably hot.

I spoke to Grant and Ange and Jenny on the phone the other day - by a strange co-incience they were all togther at midnight on a Wednesday night! It made me homesick for Melbourne. They sent through some hysterical photos of Meccanoid - Grant was sporting a real mow - inspired by Julian's - or so he says.

Mum and Dad are moving out of their house already and Dad is finally getting his Vespa licence. Once he discovers the joys, I think he'll be hitting Mum up for a Ducati! Grandma is well. She went to her friend Dulcie's surprise 80th and had a blast (This stuff isn't really about us, but it's nice to have a timeline of what's happening in the lives of those nearest to us).

As for me and Julian, Julian is playing mental tug of war between art and commerce. He is busier than most of the photographers at Webber. I guess you could think of him as Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction. He provides an essential and well-paid service - fixing all these bloody and nasty and vicious problems - he gets to drive around in a sports car, but his job at times is like cleaning brains out of the back of a cadillac.

And Webber is same old for me. Need more time for a social life. Had a nice picnic with Ben and Alissa at Hyde Park. I am buying a new horn this month. I can't believe I have saved up enough to buy something decent! I watched The Idiots the other nght and loved it. I really miss having Grant as my cultural alarm clock. I did much more artsy stuff when he was around.

No comments: